Followers

Saturday, January 4, 2014

2013: A year in review





Wow, have I been a bad blogger! So much has gone on since my last post, which happened to be back in 2012. Way too much to post. So I will just give a quick recap of the highlights from 2013. It is my goal to be better about updating the blog from now on. Let's get started:

January:
Ben and I were able to announce that we were expecting a baby in August.


February:

We found out that baby Page was a boy. 


March:

We celebrated Ben's 31st Birthday!


We also started working in the nursery. 


April: 

 We saw this cutie in 3-d.


Ben and I also decided that I would stay at home once Bennett was born. I told my Principal and made it official by not signing my teaching contract for the next school year. 

May: 

Celebrated Mother's Day in the Upstate.



My Mom, Nana, and I went and got mani's and pedi's.


We celebrated Kim and Baby Mac with a shower at school.


Had my first of three showers at school.





June

Packed up my classroom, and said good-bye to the school and teachers that I had taught with for the last 5 years.


Celebrated 5 years of wedded bliss in Charleston. 



Went to Edisto for the weekend. 


Had my second shower at Ben's work.




July:

My good friend Kim, and Bennett's BFF, Mac was born. 


Had my third and final shower with my family and friends.


On July 15, my Nana passed away. This was a very difficult time for me. Bennett is named after his Great-Nana and it was my hope that they would be able to meet. Bennett was just a few weeks shy of being due, but, God had other plans. 



Due to unforeseen circumstances, I was able to see family that I hadn't seen in a very long time.


My mom and I got pedi's in anticipation of Bennetts arrival.  






August:

The big day finally came, and passed. Bennett was due on August 3, and decided he did not want to come out that early. So, we waited, and waited. I was finally induced on August 12.

Last bump picture at 41 weeks and 3 days. 


 Waiting on little man's arrival. 


Finally, at 5:57 pm, on August 13, we welcomed a healthy 7lb 15oz baby boy. 

Three days later, we were finally able to leave the hospital. 


When Bennett was just 9 days old, we had his newborn photos taken. 


At the end of August, we celebrated my Dads birthday. 



Bennett also experienced his first Clemson football win over Georgia. 



September:

Bennett turned 1 month old. 



We celebrated my Moms 50th birthday. 




We took Bennett to an apple orchard. He was clearly excited to pick his first apple. 


Bennett and I took our first trip to the zoo. 



At six weeks old, Bennett spent his first night away from us. We were very sad about it. 


At the end of the month, I celebrated my 29th birthday. The very next day, we took Bennett to the doctor where he was diagnosed with reflux and put on Zantac. 


October:

Courtney, Allyson, and I went to see Luke Bryan in concert. 


Bennett went to church for the first time. 


The state fair came to town. Bennett and I had to go twice. Once with Kim and Mac. The other time with Ben. 





Bennett turned 2 months old.


We went to Boo at the Zoo with Kim and Mac. 











Bennett dressed up as Pooh Bear for Halloween.


November:

We took family pictures. 



Bennett turned 3 months old. 



We took Bennett to Myrtle Beach. It was his first time at the beach. He didn't like the water, but he loved playing in the sand. 




Bennett also tried out the heated pool for the first time, and loved it.


Ben and I went to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra. 



Bennett experienced his first Thanksgiving. Ben and Bennett dressed alike. It made them look even more alike. 





December:

Bennett turned 4 months old. 


We celebrated Bennett's first Christmas. 








We took a family trip to Charleston. 




Bennett and Mac wore the cutest outfits and got their picture taken.


Finally, Bennett said good-bye to 2013 in style. 



2013 was a great year. I am so excited to see what 2014 has in store for my little family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment