Followers

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Baby Favorites: Months 1-4


I always love reading other bloggers monthly baby favorites. It's so interesting to see what other Moms find important or must-haves. Before registering for Bennett, I read a TON of these type blogs. I found them very helpful. I was planning on having monthly baby favorites, but alas that didn't work out. So I have lumped months 1-4 all together. Hope someone finds this list helpful.




1. Fisher Price Kick & Play Piano: Bennett absolutely LOVES this play mat. The loves to kick his feet, and will spend a good amount of time kicking the piano and playing with the activity bar. Bennett enjoys the mirror on the activity bar, because he LOVES to look at himself. I like the fact that when Bennett sits up, the piano can turn right side up so he can continue to play with it. It's a great multifunctional toy. Plus, I got it for $15 bucks off a local baby Facebook site. Score!

2. Halo Sleep Sacks: When Bennett was first born, we swaddled him with receiving blankets. However, he quickly became a kicking ninja and would kick out of the swaddle as soon as he was in the crib. He still loved to be swaddled, so I busted out the Halo sleep sack swaddle. Bennett loved it, and he was able to stay swaddled which helped him sleep better. One night, Bennett decided on his own that he was DONE with the swaddle. Ben and I tried to use the swaddle part, and he just screamed because his hands were not free. We still use these, but now we just wrap the swaddle part around his waist.

3. NoseFrida: Yes, it looks disgusting and gross. But, it is hands down 100 times better than a bulb syringe. With a little bit of saline, this thing gets out so much more snot and gunk than the bulb. I have recommended this to many different people and they all agree. Its a MUST have!

4. Exersaucer: I love this exersaucer simply because it's two in one. It's an exersaucer plus and jumper. Bennett loves all the different toys on the exersaucer and can play with it for a long time. He is just now getting to the point of understanding that it's a jumper as well. It's so fun to see him jump and bounce on it!

5. White Noise Machine: This is a MUST have in order for Bennett to fall asleep. I chose this one for multiple reasons. It has a variety of sounds. It's a projector with different slides that can be projected, it's a night light, it has a timer, and the main reason it's voice activated. If/when Bennett wakes up in the middle of the night and starts making noises, the machine will cut on automatically. This is so helpful because it can soothe him back to sleep.

6. Angelcare Monitor: Bennett has slept in his crib at night from the first night we brought him home from the hospital. This monitor has given me and Ben the peace of mind that we needed. Basically, it's a monitor that senses baby movement. It has a sensor pad under the mattress, that can detect Bennetts movement. If it doesn't detect movement for 5 seconds it gives a warning beep. After 15 seconds if it detects no movement, it will sound an alarm. We have the one with two sensor pads, and two parent units. I absolutely LOVE this product. There is currently a recall on this product, but they have sent a replacement part to fix the issue.

7. Dr, Browns Bottles: I swore up and down that I would not use the bottles. Simply because they have SO. MANY. PARTS. Man, am I eating my words about that! When Bennett was first born, we used Tommee Tippee bottles. Those bottles gave Bennett the worst stomach and gas pains. We would have to use gas drops after every feeding. Bennett was miserable and uncomfortable all the time. Something had to be done. I did my research and the Dr. Browns bottles were the number one rated bottles in order to prevent stomach and gas pain. So, I bit the bullet and bought a pack. Since then, I have never looked back. These bottles have all but eliminated Bennett's gas pain. I RARELY if that have to use gas drops now. Yes, they are a pain to wash, but thank goodness for dishwashers.

8.Swing: I've heard that babies either love the swing or hate it. Bennett is a baby who LOVES it. It's his favorite place to nap, so it's used multiple times a day. I like this one because the swing part can be removed and it becomes a baby rocker. I also like it because it has a vibrate function, and it plugs into the wall.

9. Pack-n-Play: I love our pack-n-play. We use it everyday at my home. Since we have a two story home, we have the pack-n-play downstairs. It's so nice to have a "baby station" in one location instead of having baby necessities all over our downstairs. We got the one with the reversible napper/changer, and I'm SO glad we did. We only use the changer part, we have yet to use the napper part.

10. Travel System: I really like our travel system. It has been used so much already. We have the Graco click connect, urban lite, fast action fold one. That's a mouthful to say. Any stoller/travel system will do the job, this is the one that we choose because it's affordable. FYI: I think there is a huge misconception out there about car seats. Many people assume that the higher the car seat price, the safer it is. That is not true. If you have done your research, you will know that all car seats have had to pass the same safety standards in order to be sold on the market. Yes, some car seats are nicer, and more luxurious, but that doesn't make the other car seats not safe! Many times you are paying for the brand name! No matter what the name brand of the seat, the most important thing is having a correct install and following the guidelines of the car seat. I highly recommend everyone looking up the website or Facebook group called Car Seats for the Littles. This is the place to go when you are needing car seat info! Alright, I'm off my soapbox!



There you have it, favorites for months 1-4. I have a list of items that are least used/baby buy regrets. I can do a post on that if anyone is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment