Followers

Friday, January 17, 2014

What's in My Diaper Bag


I thought it would be fun to share with you what's in my diaper bag for a 5 month old.

Do you know how difficult it is to find the perfect diaper bag? It's nearly impossible! Before choosing the right bag for me, I did a TON of research on different diaper bags. I knew I didn't want it to look so much like a diaper bag. I wanted it to be cute, but also not so girly that Ben wouldn't carry it. Did you know that diaper bags are so expensive?? I didn't, until I started researching for one. After much time spent researching, I went with the Skip Hop Studio diaper bag in indigo dot. 


I love it because it has so many pockets and everything has a place. It has six outside pockets, six inside pockets, a big zippered pocket on the inside, as well as a big open space on the inside. 

Since I don't carry a purse now, I needed a pocket for my stuff. I decided to use this outside zippered pocket. 


It's a nice size pocket and it can hold a lot. Here is what is inside this pocket:


The pocket right below it holds medicine, Clorox wipes, and wet wipes. 



Now, let's move to the other side of the diaper bag. 


This open pocket typically holds my cell phone, planner, and other random items. 


Today, it had a map of Charleston, a receipt, a lanyard, planner, and a pair of Bennett's socks. See, totally random!

This zippered pocket above this one is an anti-microbial pocket. Basically, it can hold soiled clothes. 


Inside this pocket I put Bennett's dirty clothes if he has any. This pocket also always holds the changing pad. 


The two side pockets hold bottles. I can fit up to 4 of my bottles on the outside pockets. I use the Dr. Browns standard bottles.


Next, we will move to the inside pockets. 


The two chevron pieces are my diapers and wipes case. I got them off of Etsy, and I love them!


One inside pocket is the toys pocket. 


All the toys except for the colorful caterpillar fit in one pocket. The caterpillar is usually in the bottom of the bag. Bennett loves his Wabanub! (It's the name of the monkey paci). He doesn't take the paci, but he loves to play with the monkey and bite on it. 

The pocket next to the toys holds cleaning wipes and a pink bag. The water bottle is held in another bottle holder inside the bag. The inside bag also has 2 bottle holder pockets, just like the outside pocket. Everything but the water bottle and cleaning wipes fit into the pink bag.

The inside of the bag has one big zippered pocket. In that pocket, I carry an extra outfit, bibs, and burp cloths. 


My wallet goes fits perfectly in one of the pockets. 


That's all that inside my diaper bag. If you have any specific questions, let me know! 



No comments:

Post a Comment